Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"With You"

As I prepare to leave tomorrow and spend a week in St. Louis, I was listening to a few tunes tonight at my desk.

"With You," by Nate Stone, is a recent favorite and was playing when I decided to find out just who Nate Stone is.

This from his Bio . . .

"I am a singer/songwriter from Flagstaff, Arizona that has been making music for ten years. In 2006 my band Mercy Fall released an album on Atlantic records and spent a majority of the year touring the country. I must admit, it was pretty amazing. A dream come true.

"2008 was a year of tremendous significance for me. My perspective on life, music, and success changed drastically. When we returned from the road we found ourselves back where we started; unsuccessful, broke, and without a record deal. I became extremely depressed and confused.

"With all the work that we put into this, how could this happen? What did we do wrong? I realized that my contentment in life was completely hinged on the success of the band and that even if we became wildly successful I would still never be happy. I have lost the desire to become famous and revered. I feel that my desires in the past have been selfish and unimportant and I’ve learned that I am unwilling to let success or failure define me as a person and as an artist.

"I feel that the only way to become successful in life and in music is to become truly happy with myself. With that said, I am embarking on a new journey, in life and in music."

The rest of the story goes something like this -- Nate released his relentless passion for success and then became successful. "With You" was a hit out of nowhere and now on his album, "Love and Tragedy."

Sometimes, indeed more times than most would like to believe, it is only when we release our desires and be open to new ways of thinking that we learn who we are, what we're supposed to be doing, and why.

To hear Nate's song, go to http://www.natestonemusic.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home