Monday, June 26, 2006

"I Want to Talk to the Half-Wit"

A man owned a ranch in
Clovis, New Mexico, and the State Wage & Hour
Department claimed he wasn't paying his hired hands
proper wages, and sent an agent out to interview the
rancher.

"I need a list of your employees and how
much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well,"
replied the rancher, "The ranch hand, been with me for 3
years. I pay him $600 a week, plus free room and
board.

The cook has been here for 18 months. I
pay her $500 per week plus free room and
board.

The half wit works about 18 hours a day
and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes
$10 per week, and I buy him a fifth of bourbon every
Saturday."

"That's the guy I want to talk to ...
the half wit," said the agent.

"You're talking to
him now," replied the rancher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home